Walmart Seeks to Hire a Digital and Crypto Lead
Walmart is looking for a product lead in digital money and cryptocurrencies. In terms of total sales, it is the largest retailer in the United States.
- The new position aims to give leadership with ways to discover technology and customer trends, according to the retailer’s recruitment page.
- The crypto product lead in Bentonville, Ark., will also advise on investments needed to grow on those existing trends.
- Driving the retail giant’s digital currency strategy is one of the responsibilities of the position.
- The role will also include identifying crypto-related partnerships and investments.
- Walmart applied for a patent on price-stable crypto two years ago, comparable to Facebook’s fledgling Libra project.
- Walmart has also used distributed ledger technology for non-financial applications including tracking medications and food across the supply chain.
- Walmart established a fintech business named Hazel earlier this year. The move showed that the big-box retailer’s desire for a slice of the consumer financial pie hasn’t waned since its failed bid to obtain a U.S. bank charter in the early 2000s.
Latest posts by Movine Oduor (see all)
- LaikaCoin: Created in Honor of the First Dog in Space - April 30, 2021
- Ethereum Price Prediction for 2021: Buy Before July 6 - April 30, 2021
- Crypto Day Trading: A Beginner’s Guide to Day Trading Crypto - April 30, 2021